Huai'an China News and Events
Qingjiangpu's Department Starts Handling Foreign-related Marriage
From February 20, Huai'an residents can register a marriage or file a divorce at the Qingjiangpu District Marriage Registry if it involves residents from Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan, overseas Chinese or foreign nationals.
Amid the city's frequent foreign exchanges and development, more and more compatriots from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan as well as foreigners come to the city, forming families with local residents.
Luo Xiu, director of the registry, said that data in 2016 and 2017 showed Huai'an had nearly 70 pairs of foreign-related marriages a year and the number is growing rapidly.