1. to perform the duties of the fund-provider, and direct and advance the reform and reorganization of the state-owned enterprises (SOEs) under authorization of the Municipal Government and in accordance with the “Company Law of the People's Republic of China”, the “Interim Regulations on Supervision and Administration of Enterprises’ State-Owned Assets” promulgated by the State Council, and other laws and administrative regulations; to supervise the value maintenance and appreciation of the state-owned assets under its supervision and administration; enhance the administration of the state-owned assets; to advance the construction of the modern enterprise system in SOEs, and perfect the structure of company administration; to push forward the strategic readjustment of the state-owned economic structure and layout.
2. to delegate the board of supervisors to some SOEs on be half of the Municipal Government; to be responsible for the routine administrative work of the board of supervisors.
3. to appoint, dismiss and assess title representatives of the municipal state-owned assets operational organizations according to legal procedures, and reward or punish them according to their operation performance; to establish the personnel selection and employment systems in line with the requirements of the socialist market economy system and the modern enterprise system; and perfect the encouraging and restraining systems to SOEs’ operators.
4. to establish and perfect the index system of the value maintenance and appreciation of state-owned assets; and formulate the assessment criterion; to supervise and control the operation situation of the municipal state-owned assets through planning, budget, statistics and auditing, etc., and safeguard the rights and interests of the fund-provider of state-owned assets.
5. to draw up the drafts of the local rules and regulations on the administration of the state-owned assets and formulate relevant policies; to formulate the normative documents on the administration of the state-owned assets; to direct and supervise the administration of the state-owned assets at the district/county level.
6. to undertake other matters assigned by the Municipal Government.